Appointment confirmation emails are now an available feature.
Enabled via a feature flag, this new feature sends the staff an email requiring them to confirm an appointment after receiving it. If they do not confirm within a period of time, the patient is emailed and instructed to contact the office directly in order to verify/confirm the appointment time. Please note this is only for nonintegrated users.
Step by Step:
1. In order to enable appointment confirmations for your organization, please contact Blockit Support.
2. To enable email notifications for specific staff members, toggle Email Notifications to on in the Users tab in the Admin portal of Blockit.
3. To enable contact information for a specific profile, go to Profiles in the Admin portal of Blockit. Click Contact Info on the left-hand navigation. There you will be able to update the email address for that profile.
4. Select Referral Portal, and choose "Schedule a Patient" tab. Input the patient information to schedule, and then click the Search button.
5. Select the desired profile and appointment time, and confirm the appointment. At this time, an email is sent to the staff member's email address on the profile to confirm the appointment. The appointment can also be confirmed in the Referral tab, as shown.
Select the desired profile and appointment time:
Email confirmation example sent to staff email address:
Email example sent to patient email address:
Example of where to confirm the appointment in Referrals --> Appointments tab:
6. If the appointment is not confirmed within a period of time (3 days), a follow up/reminder email is sent to the staff to confirm and the patient is emailed and instructed to contact the office directly in order to confirm their appointment time.
We are happy to help! For additional support, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org